Managing Pain with Mind-Body Therapies: Self-Care Modalities
Do you suffer with pain, or care for someone who does?
Do you teach yoga, meditation or other mind-body practice?
Are you interested in the evolving standard of YOUR health care?
Join The Mindfulness Center and our Sponsors in this ground-breaking event, as we work together to build an integrated community of mind-body medicine researchers and practitioners across healing modalities to promote health and self-healing. Join us for the Research Conference on Friday, April 17, featuring the most pre-eminent scientists and medical researchers in mind-body medicine, with Keynote speaker Dr. Sara Lazar, Massachusettes General Hospital. Join us on Saturday and Sunday, April 18-19, for workshops and master classes with the nation's leading teachers, to learn the practices and the current scientific research on Managing Pain with Mind-Body Therapies: Self-Care Modalities.
Dr. Sara Lazar, Ph.D. Dr. Chenchen Wang, M.D., M.Sc
In 2013, the number of veterans suffering from musculoskeletal pain was approximately 5.7 million. The cost of treating our nation's heros has risen to over $49 billion/year. Evidence shows that mind-body therapies are the most effective way of eliminating pain, and significantly reduce the costs of care
Don't miss your chance to learn self-healing modalities for pain conditions & hear from the leading experts.
Why You should Attend:
- Learn empowering self-healing modalities to prevent, heal and manage common pain conditions.
- Receive the latest research from top experts in mind-body medicine at Friday’s Mind-Body Research Conference
- Optimize your own health, quality-of-life and gain the whole perspective on your well-being
- Heal naturally, while minimizing or eliminating use of pharmaceuticals
- Prevent onset of chronic fatigue or day-to-day constriction or pain in the body
- Experience the therapeutic practices with leading master teachers!
- Engage, discover, experience and collaborate with the mindfulness community.. Plus much more.
Who should Attend:
- Veterans suffering from PTSD, pain or other musculoskeletal conditions
- Those with Arthritis, Fibromyalgia or other painful chronic conditions that limit your quality-of-life.
- Individuals with common or constant pain in knees, back, neck.
- If you suffer from a sports injury, are recovering from the after effects of surgery, a fall or repetitive stress etc.
- Your family, friends and loved ones who suffer from any acute or chronic pain situations.
- Or anyone who wants to prevent common onset of pain symptoms from everyday life!
- Healthcare professional in all fields, including physicians, nurses, therapists, social workers, naturopaths, holistic or nutritionist etc.
- Yoga instructors, Reiki masters, and those interested in self-healing.. Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, Qigong enthusiasts!
- Empowered patients and engaged citizens desiring to transform, heal and lead mindfully in our community, nation and world.